Saturday, May 23, 2009

Image Book Process

I am having so much fun creating my images for my barn image book.  I have so many ideas..My mom and I visited the barn over the weekend and collected supplies to make some handmade images. (my mom and I are both really excited about this project).  We collected nails, shingles, and weeds from inside and around the barn.  I knew that I wanted to use my family's branding iron to create a pattern for the barn in one of my images. ...so I made a plan to go to my grandpa's shop to use his branding iron...
My grandpa has both an electric branding iron (you plug it in to heat it up) and a manual brand (you set the iron in a fire or apply heat, like above picture, to heat up the iron).  I used both irons to brand the shingles.

This was so much fun!.... and it was nice to get some of the family together for an art project! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment