Sunday, May 17, 2009

Picture Ideas for my Photo Book...

I know that I want the image I choose to have sentimental value.  I also wanted to choose an image that my family would like so when the photo book is finished we all can all love it :)

There are two figures that I would want to use for my image book....Those figures are of Mt. Hood and the Home Place Barn.  I have a few images of each of these figures that could each make an awesome book.  

Why a mountain? why an old barn?
Well.... my mom's side of the family are farmers in Dufur, Oregon...so she has a strong connection to our land and its surroundings...which means these images are of sentimental value.  

We can see an amazing Mt. Hood view from our house and I want to take that view and turn it into a book.  
Here is one image of Mt. Hood that I have that was taken at sunset...if I were to use this image I would need to brighten it up a bit.
The Home Place Barn was built by my Great-Great-Grandfather, Arthur James Underhill, on the farm he purchased next to his mother’s farm.  The barn was built in the late 1800’s with lumber from his own sawmill.  The frame of the barn is built in the peg and post style like all the barns of its day.  This means that the beams were attached to each other by drilling holes and using pegs of wood to keep them together.  The barn was used for the horses that were needed to operate the machinery on the farm.  My Great-Great-Grandfather and his family lived on this farm. My Great-Grandfather and his family lived on this farm and even my Grandparents lived on the farm for several years. So I would like to take an image of this barn and turn it into a book so we can have the memory of this barn live on in a book.  Here are a couple of images of what the barn looks like today:



1 comment: